FOOD AND BEVERAGE SPECIALTIES
- Program: Culinary Arts
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 16
- Academic Planning Guide:
The certificate includes select advanced courses included in the AAS degree in addition to advanced techniques. The Advanced Certificate will introduce additional methods and techniques that will increase the student’s repertoire of ethnic cuisine, knowledge of the role of wine, beer and spirits in culinary service, current trends in the hospitality industry and bar and beverage management. Prerequisite: This certificate is designed for persons who possess one of the following: • One year hospitality industry experience • Currently enrolled in a culinary arts program • Instructor permission
Students with an Advanced Technical Certificate will be prepared for careers seeking a global reach in the food and beverage industry. Students will apply leadership skills through professional growth and promotion in a diverse multi-cultural work place.
- Execute a variety of menus.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan a variety of menus.
- Prepare high quality food in a cost effective manner.
- Apply mathematical skills essential to the food service industry.
- Apply analysis and problem solving to food production.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses