- Program: Machine Tool Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 16
- Academic Planning Guide:
Quality Assurance (QA) will focus on the planned and systematic activities implemented in a quality system so that quality requirements for a product or service fulfill the goals of the manufacturer and the customer. Students will understand the systematic measurement, comparison with a standard, monitoring of processes and an associated feedback loop that confers error prevention.
Today's advanced manufacturing facilities require the application of well-developed analytical skills to support the delivery of quality products and services. This program addresses Quality Assurance (QA) and will focus on the planned and systematic activities that are part of a quality system of manufacturing requirements for a product or service. In addition to the foundational principles which govern advanced manufacturing practices, this certificate includes training that allows students to achieve proficiency in Quality Assurance techniques. Precision Measurement principles are introduced and reinforced through practical, real-world examples. Students will become familiar with equipment and tools such as Coordinate Measuring Machines, utilized in state-of-the art facilities for Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities. If you believe in the idea of "quality in, quality out," and you want to play a vital role in helping an organization achieve success through quality, HTC's Quality Assurance Technician program is the way to realize your goal. • Quality Assurance Specialist, Inspector, Manufacturing Supervisor, Product Design Engineering, Production Engineering.
- Apply precision measuring techniques
- Interpret blueprints/drawings
- Apply math skills necessary for industry requirements
- Operate equipment safely
- Inspect machined parts for tolerance requirements
- Demonstrate teamwork
- Any ARET, ELEC, ENGC, FLPW, IBEM, MACH, METS, PLST -or- WLDG course that is not required for this award may be used as an elective.