ANIMATION AND MOTION GRAPHIC ARTIST
- Program: Interactive Design Video Production
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 54
- Academic Planning Guide:
Animators and motion graphics artists work for advertising companies, the film and video industry, and for digital design firms. They create the animations and visual effects in films, TV shows, video games, and commercials. The designer must be able to use good written, verbal and visual communication skills, both with clients and other team members. Some jobs will require independent work and others will be part of a team effort.
Animators and motion graphic artists are needed to work on video games, movie and television special effects, and interactive media. They are also needed to work on 3D animated movies. In addition, growth will occur due to an increasing need for computer graphics in the growing number of mobile technologies. Occupational titles include animator, motion graphics artist, special effects designer, effects artists, digital artist, media designer, media artist, 3D designer, 3D artist, 3D animator, and concept artist.
- Create assets for film, video, and games.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate mood, emotion, character, and story.
- Demonstrate mastery of animation and motion graphics software and technology.
- Create animations using both 2D and 3D techniques.
- Understand workflow and production processes in animation and motion graphics.
- Communicate ideas and production direction in both written and spoken forms.
- Produce a professional portfolio up to industry standards.
- MMVP1500 Concepts of Interactive Media 3
- MMVP1505 Introduction to Visual Communications 3
- MMVP1511 Production Planning 4
- MMVP1545 3D Basics 3
- MMVP1562 Audio for Media 3
- MMVP1580 Animation 3
- MMVP1600 Introduction to Video Production 4
- MMVP2045 Advanced 3D 3
- MMVP2560 After Effects 3
- MMVP2565 Advanced After Effects 3
- MMVP2600 Digital Post Production 4
- MMVP2641 Portfolio Production 3
- MGDP1240 Illustrator 3
- MGDP1340 Advanced Photoshop 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses