- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 24
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate is designed to enable computer professionals to acquire knowledge to be a contributor in a client server environment. The skills include client server concepts, database and analysis and design.
Positions are available as Computer Programmers and Application Designers.
- Construct web based applications
- Write an application that makes use of common business information systems environments
- Create graphical user interfaces
- Create an application that demonstrates the principles of object oriented design
- Design and code business applications
- Develop code using software and languages common to the industry
- Generate data structures using relational databases
- Use a structured approach to solving business problems using a SDLC Methodology
- Analyze business communication systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of program flow and control by writing appropriate application code