MEDICAL DEVICE - PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
- Program: Plastics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 20
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Medical Device - Plastics Technology Certificate will prepare students for success in Minnesota’s robust medical device industry. Students will gain applied skills and knowledge of: Plastics/Chemistry/Ingredients of Polymers; Properties and Tests; Quality Control, Instrument Sensor Devices; Systematic Medical Device Protocol; and Medical Micro-bore Extrusion Processes. Coursework will focus on the technical understanding and skills development in concepts, principals and specific requirements regarding Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) that strictly regulate how organizations are to produce medical devices.
This Medical Device - Plastics Technology Certificate is ideal for new career or upgrading current industry knowledge and skills. Well paying jobs are available in the medical device and bio-manufacturing fields. Excellent opportunities exist for personal and professional growth to high-skill and high-wage positions in these industries.
- Obtain FDA & GMP requirements and practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper installation of medical micro-bore extrusion molding systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply concepts, principals and requirements in the production of medical devices.
- Problem solve using analytical thinking.
- Demonstrate quality system practices.
- Use process control devices.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses