WOOD MACHINING FABRICATION
- Program: Woodworking Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 16
- Academic Planning Guide:
Cabinetmakers perform hand and machine operations including cutting, shaping and assembly for the construction of store fixtures, office furniture, residential cabinetry, residential furniture and other articles of wood or related m aterials. The Cabinetmaking program at Hennepin Technical College is divided into specific courses designed to introduce the many aspects of the cabinetmaking field. The Wood Machining Fabrication certificate will focus on precision manufacturing, safety, traditional and computerized layout and design, blueprint reading and quality.
Upon completion of the cabinetmaking certificate, an individual will be prepared for employment in a professional woodworking manufacturing facility with responsibilities focused on the machining and assembly of various components.
- Operate woodworking machinery safely and effectively.
- Layout and stock bill basic cabinetry components.
- Determine appropriate material types for cabinetry.
- Manipulate materials for woodworking joinery.
- Produce basic cabinetry.
- Understand physical properties of wood and composite materials.
- Fabricate laminate products.
- Calculate material costs of cabinetry.
- Manipulate CAD software to produce shop drawings.
- Draw cabinetry and furniture components.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses