- Program: Automation Robotics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
Mechatronics is a rapidly growing field that integrates electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and computer control systems to create new and improved automated manufacturing production systems. This program is designed for people who are interested in plant maintenance, set up, installation, and assembly. The Mechatronics Certificate program is designed to reinforce the core technical skills and real-world application needed in today’s manufacturing environment. Through alignment with PMMI’s (The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies) Mechatronics Certification Program, Hennepin Technical College’s Mechatronics Diploma offers a set of stackable credentials that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor and endorsed by the National Association of Manufacturer’s Skills Certification System. This industry developed, third-party validated, nationally recognized credential is focused on ensuring graduates have the core technical skills with real world application for today’s high-tech manufacturing environment. These jobs are found in the packaging, medical, electronics, agriculture, biotechnology, and automotive industries.
Career opportunities are wide-spread in Minnesota and throughout the United States. Extensive opportunities exist as Electrical and Electronics Technicians for industrial equipment, Industrial Machinery Mechanics, Industrial Engineering Technicians, Mechanical Engineering Technicians, and as Packaging Technicians.
- Apply technical documents to the installation and troubleshooting of automated packaging equipment.
- Apply Mechatronics control concepts to automated machinery.
- Use technical documents to assemble, install, troubleshoot and repair automated packaging systems.
- Diagnose root problems impacting production flow.
- Solve root problems to maintain production flow.
- Integrate automated systems into new and existing packaging and manufacturing lines.
- Perform basic Mechatronics operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Apply communication skills to interact with people in business and industry.
- Manage time and resources.
- ARET1125 Power Transmission and Mechanical Systems 4
- ARET1155 Automation Controls 3
- ARET1165 Vision Systems for QA/SPC 3
- ARET1170 Troubleshooting Packaging Machinery 3
- ARET1175 Industrial Electricity and Electronics I 3
- ARET1180 Industrial Electricity and Electronics II 3
- ARET1185 Sensor Applications 2
- ARET1190 Programmable Logic Controllers 3
- ARET1200 Introduction to Robotics 2
- ARET2100 Advanced Automation Controls 4
- ARET2105 Fluid Power Motion Control 2
- FLPW1150 Pneumatic Components 4
- ARET2110 Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers 4
- ARET2200 FANUC Robotics Operations 2
- ARET2300 Mechanical Components I Certificate Review 3
- ARET2320 Industrial Electricity I Certificate Review 3
- FLPW1101 Fluid Power Technology I 3
- FLPW1106 Fluid Power Technology II 4
- Choose one of the following:
- ARET2330 Industrial Electricity II Certificate Review 3
- ARET2340 Programmable Logic Controllers I Certificate Review 3
- ARET2360 Automated Fluid Power I Certificate Review 3
- ENGC1160 Inventor 4
- ENGC1250 SolidWorks I 4
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses