LANDSCAPE COMPUTER DESIGN
- Program: Landscape and Horticulture Careers
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 17
- Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate program focuses on landscape design and landscape construction. The design area will include courses in drafting and graphics, residential design, estimating, presentation techniques and computer drafting. The construction area includes courses in blueprint reading, estimating, surveying, landscape installation and specialized hardscape construction. Prerequisite: Graduation from a 2-year landscape design and construction program OR a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
Students completing this area of study will have employment options as landscape designers or construction specialists with design/building firms or landscape construction businesses.
- Identify plants and recommended uses.
- Operate landscape equipment safely and efficiently.
- Use hand tools safely and efficiently.
- Interpret blueprints and landscape plans.
- Measure a residential property.
- Design a master plan for a residetial property.
- Complete working drawings with details for a residential property.
- Create complete landscape plans using CAD software.
- Construct landscape elements from plans and detail drawings.
- Layout landscape plans in the field.
- Demonstrate presentation techniques for landscape plans.
- Diagnose insect and disease problems of landscape plans.
- Calculate material quantities from plans.
- Determine and set grades and elevations in field.
- Communicate effectively with staff and clients.
- Analyze customer needs and recommend solutions.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses