- Program: Automation Robotics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 30
Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate will provide students with knowledge of manufacturing processes and plant operations, along with an advanced skill set in electronic and automation systems. Students will engage in coursework topics of technical mathematics, introductory computer skills, print interpretation, manufacturing processes, quality control, maintenance and safety. Also included in coursework is an advanced skill set of AC/DC power, digital electronics, analog circuits, and motor controls.
This 30 credit certificate offers courses designed to start students on a career pathway in automation technologies. Building off the seven courses in Production Technologies focusing on core skills, students build an advanced automation skill set with hands-on experience in: AC Power, Digital electronics, Analog circuits, and Motor controls. If you have completed the Production Technologies Certificate, you only have five additional courses to complete. Along with the core knowledge provided by the production technology courses, you’ll gain skills that provide you with the abilities and knowledge to work in automation. The Automation Technologies Certificate is a great way to start building a manufacturing career with no dead-ends. Use the credits you earn to continue your education and have a great return on your investment!
For additional information on this award and the 360 Degree programs please go to: www.360etech.org
According to Minnesota’s Department of Employment and Economic Development, manufacturers are projected to have over 1,500 jobs available in automation, machining, and welding each year for the next 10 years, and those projects are expected to grow.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety procedures.
- Apply knowledge and skills in electrical systems.
- Use and understand test equipment for analysis.
- Design, build, and troubleshoot circuits.
- Analyze and apply specific manufacturing process procedures.
- Identify and apply specific quality procedures.
- Interpret symbols and blueprints accurately for a variety of projects.
- CMAE1502 360 Technical Mathematics 3
- CMAE1506 360 Introduction to Computers 2
- CMAE1510 Print Reading 2
- CMAE1514 Safety Awareness 2
- CMAE1518 Manufacturing Processes and Production 2
- CMAE1522 Quality Practices 2
- CMAE1526 Maintenance Awareness 2
- CMAE1550 DC Power 3
- CMAE1552 AC Power 3
- CMAE1554 Digital Electronics 3
- CMAE1556 Analog Circuits 3
- CMAE1558 Motor Control 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses