STREET, UTILITY, AND PARK MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Program: Public Works
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 19
- Academic Planning Guide:
Students completing this program will gain the basic skills necessary to work efficiently and safely in a variety of municipal, county and state positions, such as street, utility, and park maintenance.
There are a number of options to choose from in this field. Employees in this field can expect good pay & benefits, year round employment, and challenging outdoor work assignments.
- Identify the role of public works agencies in local government.
- Identify role in a public safety emergency.
- Perform maintenance of surfaces and external grounds.
- Demonstrate methods used for water leak detection, system flushing and disinfection.
- Appraise construction methods for park and recreation facilities.
- Demonstrate effective customer service techniques.
- Identify health and safety hazards in accordance with OSHA and industry standards.
- Perform repairs to small engines, physical structures and their mechanical systems.
- Operate mechanized equipment in accordance with OSHA/industry standards.
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses