NON-STRUCTURAL REPAIR TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT
- Program: Auto Body Collision Technology
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 16
Academic Planning Guide:
This certificate prepares students to perform non-structural repairs. This includes panel repairs of four hours or less, bolt-on panel replacements and weld-on panel replacements.
Auto Body Technician Assistants work for automotive dealerships, independent auto shops, government agencies and other organizations that maintain their own fleets of trucks and cars. As a Non-structural Repair Technician Assistant the student will assist the Journeyman in repairing and replacing components in the day-to-day operations of vehicle repair.
- Demonstrate electrical circuit repairs.
- Perform repairs on plastics.
- Create damage report utilizing the procedure pages.
- Perform proper replacement techniques on structural parts.
- Apply straightening techniques on structural parts.
- Demonstrate stationary glass replacement.
- Solve paint application problems.
- Apply primer surfacer to paint company and industry standards.
- Perform techniques for removing and replacing bolt-on parts.
- Body fill a one hour dent to industry standards.
- Execute MIG welding metal procedures according to I-CAR standards.
- Demonstrate metal cutting using an oxy/act torch.