STRUCTURAL REPAIR TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT
- Program: Auto Body Collision Technology
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 16
Academic Planning Guide:
Structural Assistants perform wheel alignments, replace suspension parts, prepare vehicles for structural repairs, perform minor structural repairs and replace panels. Prerequisite: Completion of Non-Structural Repair Technician Assistant certificate or two years related experience in industry.
Auto Body Technicians work for automotive dealerships, independent auto shops, government agencies and other organizations that maintain their own fleets of trucks and cars. As a Structural Repair Technician the student will work with a Body Repair Technician who will guide the student in the repair, replacement and alignments of vehicles needing these repairs.
- Demonstrate electrical circuit repairs.
- Perform proper replacement techniques on structural parts.
- Apply straightening techniques on structural parts.
- Demonstrate stationary glass replacement.
- Perform techniques for removing and replacing bolt-on parts.
- Body fill a one hour dent to industry standards.
- Execute MIG welding metal procedures according to I-CAR standards.
- Demonstrate metal cutting using an oxy/act torch.