EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
- Class Time: Day or Evening
- Semester: Fall or Spring Semester
- Campus: Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie
Build the skills necessary to enter the emergency medical services field at HTC. You will gain hands-on experience that prepares you for a career as an Emergency Medical Services Specialist or Emergency Room Technician. This can be the start of a career that makes a real difference and it all begins with getting the real-world knowledge and skills needed to succeed.
EMTs are among the first responders on an emergency or medical scene and help start initial patient care. They also work with other emergency personnel, such as police and firefighters.
ALUMNI IN ACTION
Let us know you are interested in Emergency Medical Services:
Job Outlook / Gainful Employment
Much of the growth will come from volunteer positions changing into paid positions. As the population grows, there will be a need for more emergency services. Also, the number of older adults is increasing. Older adults are the greatest users of emergency services. Both of these factors will increase the need for EMTs.
Possible job titles include: Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EMT, Fire Fighter First Responder, Firefighter/Paramedic, Flight Paramedic, Firefighter/EMT (Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician), Paramedic, Community ParamedicGainful Employment Disclosure:
Potential Job Titles
Emergency Medical Services advisory commitee meets twice yearly to review current courses and promote or develop new courses to help our students grow in the ever-changing job market.
Advisory Commitee members include:
- Mike Wilcox, MD - Medical Director for HTC's EMS Programs
- Mary Zappetillo, EMSRB Metro Region
- Mike Oliverius, North Ambulance Ops. Manager
- Dan Baumgardner, Laerdal Medical
- Eric Davis, AmeriPride
- Eric Graff, Clinical Nurse Manager, Methodist Hospital
- Jim Levi, Allina Paramedic and Children’s Hospital & Clinic EMS educator
- Amber Braun, Health East Ambulance FTO, HTC EMS Program Alumni
- HTC EMS Student Representative