We're here for you! Choose your language below to translate the page.
Make your Spring count! Jumpstart your healthcare career!
Health Unit Coordinator
Fast-track your healthcare career, and enroll today in an HLUC Career Jumpstart program! Most courses are delivered 100% online - so you can take these spring courses "online, your time"! Gain quick-start entry into your career path- making you eligible for industry employment- faster!
The HLUC Career Jumpstart program gives students a fast-track entry into a career field while supporting them academically and personally.
As a student in the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) program, you will concentrate on coursework directly related to working in a variety of health care facilities. At HTC you will learn the effective ways of becoming both professional and customer service-focused. You will be an important member of a professional health care team in hospitals, extended care facilities or medical offices assisting the nursing staff with the non-clinical clerical tasks. You will gain the skills you need to succeed including learning about the essentials of health care facilities, medical terminology, and processing physician orders. Start here for a career that puts you on the path to success in the health care industry.
Enrolling in HLUC Career Jumpstart features:
· Quick-start entry into a healthcare career path.
· Take courses and make connections with other students in the same career path.
· Enjoy staggered course start dates, for your convenience.
· Take courses mostly online, with some in-class training provided at the Brooklyn Park or Eden Prairie campus locations.
· To ensure your success, a dedicated tutor is available online, during class time.
· Students can request a laptop to check out for the semester if needed.
· Complete the courses and receive credits that can be directly applied to your Associate degree.