POST SECONDARY ENROLLMENT OPTIONS (PSEO)
PSEO allows eligible high school sophomore, juniors, and seniors the opportunity to earn college credits and can use those credits toward the completion of high school graduation requirements. Students who are enrolled in a Minnesota public, nonpublic (private, charter, or online), or home school are able to take classes if they meet the necessary requirements. PSEO is intended to promote a more rigorous curriculum and provide a wider variety of options.
Eligible sophomores may only enroll in one Career and Technical Education (CTE) course during a semester. If the student earns a “C” or higher grade in this first course, they are eligible to take additional CTE courses the following semester with approval from their high school counselor. However this option is only open to Minnesota Public school students (Procedure 3.5.1 Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program).
Requirements for PSEO
- Seniors-must rank in the top half of their class
Juniors- must rank in the top third of their class
- If the applicant does not meet class rank or GPA requirements or if the high school/home school does not have a class rank, a letter of recommendation that specifically outlines the applicant's readiness for college level coursework must be provided by the high school counselor, principal or instructor to HTC.
- Sophomores- must pass the 8th grade MN Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) Reading at the composite proficiency level of “meets or exceeds” and meets the prerequisites of the CTE course.
- PSEO students are able to register for any courses that they meet the prerequsite for, this inludes online courses
- The program DOES NOT cover the cost of developmental courses- those that are numbered below 1000 level
We have no formal deadline at HTC, but it is to the students benefit to start the process early. The more time the student has to complete the necessary steps (paperwork, Accuplacer tests, meet with advisors, etc.) the better prepared the student will be to start PSEO classes.
Last updated by ahalberg : 2017-02-01 12:41:32