HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING
- Class Time: Day and Evening
- Semester: Fall or Spring Semester
- Campus: Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie Campus
Think about the increased need for energy efficient heating and cooling systems. Consider the impact of new energy codes and technology advancements. Then you will understand why training in the residential/commercial HVAC field prepares you for outstanding career opportunities. With the skills you gain at HTC, you will be in demand as a trained professional in residential/commercial air conditioning, heating and refrigeration. Learn what it takes to work on heat/cool rooftop units, high-efficiency electronically controlled forced air furnaces and hydronic boilers, chillers and large-building computerized energy management control systems, ice cube machines, walk-in coolers/freezers and display cases. With HVAC training, the possibilities are unlimited.
ALUMNI IN ACTION
Labs and Classrooms
Supplies / Tools
There is a small tool requirement at the beginning of the first semester. The list will be given out on the first day. The average cost for the list consisting of quality tools is approximately $1000.00
- Work requirements often include working in extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Lifting requirements are typically a minimum of 50 lbs.
- The ability to safely climb ladders and work out of position is often required.
- A valid clean driving record is typically required by employers.
- Drug testing is typically required by employers.
- Technicians are often required to pass competency tests as required by individual cities.
Job Outlook / Gainful Employment
Employment opportunities in the residential/commercial heating, cooling, air conditioning and refrigeration field are based on each individual`s goals and qualifications. Opportunities exist in management, sales, service, installation and maintenance of HVAC and refrigeration equipment. Possible positions include: installer, quality control technician, service technician, manufacturer`s representative, sales consultant, layout person and designer. In addition, the A.A.S. degree will help qualify individuals for management positions in the sales, installation, and service of HVAC equipment .Gainful Employment Disclosure:
Potential Job Titles
Sudents may continue their education and proceed towards a bachelor of Operations Management degree at Minnesota State University Moorhead. The classes are offered here in the Twin Cities or at Moorhead Minnesota.
For a complete list of current articulation agreements, visit the Minnesota Transfer website.