Transfer of Minnesota High School Tech Prep College Credit to Hennepin Technical College

Students who enroll at Hennepin Technical College (HTC) may request to have Minnesota High School Tech Prep College Credits, which apply to their major, entered on their HTC college transcript. The students will have up to five years from the date the Minnesota High School Tech Prep College Credit course(s) was completed, with a grade of “B” or better, to formally request college credit for the articulated course(s).


  • Submit the HTC admissions application.
  • A transcript must be sent directly from the student’s school, where the Minnesota High School Tech Prep College Credit course was taken, to the Hennepin Technical College Transfer Specialist. 
  • Schedule an appointment with the HTC Transfer Specialist.
  • Students must bring the Minnesota Tech Prep College Credit certificate to the appointment in order for the Transfer Specialist to verify the existence of the articulation agreement.
  • Enroll in a HTC course.  Establish a college transcript. Once the college transcript is established the articulated course(s) will be added to the student’s transcript as a transfer course.

This agreement does not imply that other colleges or universities will accept this course for college credit.

Information on participating High Schools and courses that articulate to college credit can be found at this link Articulated College Credit


Contact the HTC Transfer Specialist to receive information about earning college credit for courses at Hennepin Technical College at: 952-995-1455. Additional information about District 287 High School Programs with HTC.

Last updated by cgaynor : 2015-02-05 09:53:34