DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 50
- Academic Planning Guide:
Desktop Support Specialists provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers and other users. These troubleshooters interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. They answer telephone calls, analyze problems and resolve recurring difficulties. Desktop Support Specialists work either within a company that uses computer systems or directly for a computer hardware or software vendor. This person must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in fast paced environment.
Positions are available as PC Support Specialists, PC Trainers, PC Coordinators and Computer Lab Assistants.
- Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and project management.
- Perform operating systems functions.
- Utilize internet resources.
- Apply basic networking functions.
- Exhibit customer service skills.
- Perform problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- ACCT1125 Excel 3
- CCIS1000 Information Systems 3
- CCIS1032 Access 2013 3
- CCIS1035 Word 2013 3
- CCIS1042 PowerPoint 2013 3
- CCIS1101 Windows 8 3
- CCIS1135 Desktop Linux 3
- CCIS1105 Network Essentials 4
- CCIS1110 Windows Admin 1 3
- CCIS1121 Linux Admin 1 3
- CCIS2055 Project Management 3
- CCIS2065 Help Desk/User Support 3
- CCIS2090 Office 2013 Integration 3
- CCIS2095 Outlook 2013 2
- CCIS2675 A+ Hardware Support 3
- CCIS2680 A+ Software Support 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses