DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 50
- Academic Planning Guide:
Desktop Support Specialists provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers and other users. These troubleshooters interpret problems and provide technical support for hardware, software, and systems. They answer telephone calls, analyze problems and resolve recurring difficulties including issues surrounding computer security in today's highly technological world. Desktop Support Specialists work either within a company that uses computer systems or directly for a computer hardware or software vendor. This person must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in fast paced environment.
Positions are available as PC Support Specialists, PC Trainers, PC Coordinators and Computer Lab Assistants.
- Compare decision making solutions.
- Understand changing role of IS Professionals.
- Describe issues surrounding computer security.
- Construct relational databases with an efficient design.
- Produce variety of business documents.
- Create dynamic presentations.
- Perform basic operating system functions.
- Apply basic networking functions.
- Make decisions regarding project task management.
- Exhibit customer service skills.
- Demonstrate integration features of office suite.
- Utilize office suite personal information manager.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies.
- Provide critical-thinking solution strategies.
- Identify communication styles.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- ACCT1125 Excel 3
- CCIS1000 Information Systems 3
- CCIS1005 Computer Security Awareness 3
- CCIS1032 Access 2016 3
- CCIS1035 Word 2016 3
- CCIS1042 PowerPoint 2016 3
- CCIS1101 Windows 10 3
- CCIS1135 Desktop Linux 3
- CCIS1105 Network Essentials 4
- CCIS2055 Project Management 3
- CCIS2065 Help Desk/User Support 3
- CCIS2090 Office 2016 Integration 3
- CCIS2095 Outlook 2016 2
- CCIS2675 A+ Hardware Support 3
- CCIS2680 A+ Software Support 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses