IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Diploma
- Credits: Total Diploma Credits 50
- Academic Planning Guide:
IT Support will train the student for employment providing service to computer users, including hardware and software installation and technical assistance. Coursework includes experiences and instruction in communication and problem-solving skills as well as technical training with hardware, software, operating systems, application software and network operations. IT Support will prepare the student to select, maintain, configure and oversee the installation of business-oriented computers and software. Students will also know how to train and support users to include skills to analyze problems and resolve recurring difficulties such as issues surrounding computer security in today's highly technological world. This Student must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in fast paced environment.
Positions are available as IT Support Specialist, IT Trainer, IT Coordinator, Help Desk and Computer Lab Assistant
- Compare decision making solutions.
- Understand changing role of IS Professionals.
- Describe issues surrounding computer security.
- Construct relational databases with an efficient design.
- Produce variety of business documents.
- Create dynamic presentations.
- Perform basic operating system functions.
- Apply basic networking functions.
- Make decisions regarding project task management.
- Exhibit customer service skills.
- Demonstrate integration features of office suite.
- Utilize office suite personal information manager.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies.
- Provide critical-thinking solution strategies.
- Identify communication styles.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- CCIS1000 Information Systems 3
- CCIS1005 Computer Security Awareness 3
- CCIS1080 Microsoft Office Productivity Apps 1 3
- CCIS1090 Microsoft Office Productivity Apps 2 3
- CCIS1095 Microsoft Office 365 2
- CCIS1102 PC Operating Systems 3
- CCIS1105 Network Essentials 4
- CCIS1110 Windows Admin 1 3
- CCIS1121 Linux Admin 1 3
- CCIS2055 Project Management 3
- CCIS2065 Help Desk/User Support 3
- CCIS2090 Microsoft Office Integration 3
- CCIS2675 A+ Hardware Support 3
- CCIS2680 A+ Software Support 3
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses