- Program: Information Technology/Computer Careers
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
This degree provides the skills needed to design, manage, troubleshoot and secure wired and wirless network environments. Students will gain technical skills through hardware installation, software configuration and management of computers, servers and networking devices. Microsoft Windows, Linux, Cisco, and other multi-vendor and cloud-based platforms relevant for today’s networks are explored.
Positions are available as Network Administrators, Network Analysts, Server Administrators, Systems Engineers, Cloud Architects, and Network Technicians.
- Install hardware and software to meet enterprise needs.
- Perform tasks required of a network administrator.
- Provide Technical Support for customers.
- Set up computer networks.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate safe service of system operation.
- Explain principles of system operation.
- CCIS1105 Network Essentials 4
- CCIS1110 Windows Admin 1 3
- CCIS1121 Linux Admin 1 3
- CCIS1421 CCNA 2: Basic Router and Switch Configuration 4
- CCIS1431 CCNA 3: Intermediate Router and Switch Configuration 4
- CCIS1443 CCNA 4: WANs, VPNs, and Enterprise Networks 4
- CCIS1490 CCNA Specialty Fields 3
- CCIS1505 Fundamentals of Programming 4
- CCIS2122 Linux Admin 2 4
- CCIS2150 Windows Admin 2 4
- CCIS2161 Linux Admin 3 3
- CCIS2270 Windows Admin 3 4
- CCIS2675 A+ Hardware Support 3
- CCIS2841 Client/Server Computing 4
- CCIS2880 Network Admin Technical Skills Assessment 0
- Hennepin Technical College’s 2000-level general education courses meet the guidelines of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses