MAINTENANCE LIGHT REPAIR
- Program: Ford Automotive Student Service Educational Training Program (ASSET)
- Degree: Occupational Certificate
- Credits: Total Occupational Certificate Credits 30
- Academic Planning Guide:
The Ford Maintenance Light Repair certificate is designed to provide students will the skills necessary to successfully perform light maintenance service on domestic and import cars and light trucks. This one-year certificate will allow students to enter the automotive industry with advanced skills in basic service procedures and receive up to 25% of Ford training specialty training.
Maintenance and light service repair technicians will be able to perform jobs in the automotive light service industry such as Ford dealership quicklanes, independent service shops, and other franchise dealerships that perform light-duty maintenance. As a light service maintenance technician, the student will perform basic automotive maintenance and light repair such as oil changes, transmission flushes, tune-ups, and brake service. Furthermore, maintenance light repair technicians will assist journeyman in the day-to-day operations of vehicle repair.
- Demonstrate safe service and repair procedures.
- Navigate electronic service information.
- Utilize electronic service equipment.
- Complete Ford STST certifications for the Quick Lane.
- Identify problem solving techniques used in Ford service repair.