GREENHOUSE MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN
- Program: Landscape and Horticulture Careers
- Degree: Associate in Applied Science Degree
- Credits: Total Associate in Applied Science Degree Credits 60
- Academic Planning Guide:
This program of study is for the student seeking a career in the plant production industry. Graduates in this program will have a strong knowledge and skills in greenhouse operation and management; plant production in a variety of ornamentals such as bedding plants, holiday plants (Easter Lilies, Poinsettias, etc.), and interior foliage plants. This degree will allow for advancement to supervisory and management positions.
Employment options include greenhouse production, plant propagation, greenhouse management and plant brokering.
- Identify crops to be grown and their cultural needs.
- Maintain crops.
- Diagnose greenhouse pests using an IPM program.
- Design a master plan for a business based on growing or selling crops.
- Propagate woody and herbaceous plants sexually and asexually.
- Operate greenhouse equipment efficiently.
- Select pesticides and fertilizer formulations.
- Calculate pesticide and fertilizer formulations.
- Select proper media and amendments for plant crops.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of the greenhouse physical structure.
- Select proper containers for crops.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of the environmental systems in the greenhouse.
- Interpret soil and water tests.
- Market crops.
- LNDC1110 Introduction to Landscape/Horticulture Careers 1
- LNDC1141 Nursery Propagation and Production 3
- LNDC1160 Greenhouse Infrastructure Technology 2
- LNDC1166 Sustainable Food and Plant Production Fall 3
- LNDC1176 Sustainable Food and Plant Production Winter 3
- LNDC1187 Sustainable Food and Plant Production Summer 2
- LNDC1202 Herbaceous Plant Materials 4
- LNDC1220 Integrated Pest Management 2
- LNDC1231 Nursery Operations 2
- LNDC1242 Plant Biology 4
- LNDC1250 Bedding Plant Production 3
- LNDC1271 Soil Science 3
- LNDC2210 Tropical Plants and Their Uses 2
- LNDC2261 Professional Gardening 3
- Hennepin Technical College’s 2000-level general education courses meet the guidelines of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
Academic Planning Guide:
Apply Now Search Awards Search Courses