SCIENTIFIC INJECTION MOLDING SPECIALIST
- Program: Plastics Engineering Technology
- Degree: Advanced Technical Certificate
- Credits: Total Advanced Technical Certificate Credits 12
Academic Planning Guide:
Scientific/Decoupled Injection Molding is a strategy of molding from the “plastics point of view”. Process variables vs. plastics variables are revealed for you to develop, validate and document an optimized molding process. This strategy applies to medical, high-performance and critical tolerance injection molded parts. Emphasis will be targeted toward practical setup procedures that will optimize new or existing overall molding cycles. Prerequisite: Graduation from or concurrent enrollment in a 1 year Plastics Manufacturing Technology related program or a minimum of 2 years of related work experience in the field of Injection Molding.
The new Scientific Injection Molding Certificate provides a scientific molding strategy that the custom, proprietary and medical molding industries are seeking. This certificate is specifically designed for individuals who start up new molds or individuals who must optimize existing molding cycles.
- Demonstrate good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Apply knowledge of materials, part design, molds and machine considerations.
- Utilize skills in molding from the “Plastics Point of View”.
- Apply universal processing parameters.
- Perform Scientific/Decoupled II molding practices.
- Perform Scientific/Decoupled III molding practices.
- Operate computer data acquisition equipment.
- Apply math skills for Scientific/Decoupled molding practices.