Skip to main content

Child Care Grants

Hennepin Technical College offers two types of child care grants to help students offset the cost of child care:

  1. Minnesota Post-Secondary Child Care Grant

The Minnesota Postsecondary Child Care Grant Program helps low income students who have young children pay for child care while the student attends classes.

Who is Eligible?

Minnesota residents who have a child 12 years old or younger (or 14 or younger if the child is handicapped) and whose family size and income qualify for the program. To qualify, students also must:

  • Be a Minnesota residents
  • Be enrolled 1 or more credits per term
  • Has not received child care grant funds for a period of ten semesters or the equivalent. Students who have withdrawn for active military service after December 31, 2002 are given an extra term of eligibility.
  • Not have defaulted on a student loan.
  • The student must not be receiving assistance from the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP).
    • Individuals receiving MFIP at this time should contact their County Social Office of Higher Education to get additional information about child care assistance.
  1. Child Care Access Means Parents in School Grant

The Child Care Access Means Parents Are In School (CCAMPIS) grant is designed to help Hennepin Technical College student parents subsidize their monthly day care costs. Having this support can help students with families complete their academic goals.

This grant is available to currently enrolled low-income college students that have a need for financial assistance for childcare. Their children will be in the care of accredited childcare providers.

Funds are limited and not guaranteed from one semester to the next.

Who is eligible?

  • Students currently enrolled in 12 credits or more
  • Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
  • Child enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a National Association for the Education for Young Children (NAEYC) certified childcare center and/or licensed childcare center
  • Meet income guidelines
  • Recipient of the Federal Pell Grant
  • Not a recipient of county childcare assistance
  • Applications are reviewed on a first-come first serve basis.

Steps to Apply for a Child Care Grant

  1. Schedule an appointment to meet with the college social worker to determine your eligibility.
  2. Complete the application for grant(s) for which you are eligible.
  3. Set-up an appointment to review your application materials.

Contact Information

College Social Worker

Brittani Senser

Phone: 763-488-2441


Schedule an Appointment


Resource Room

  • Brooklyn Park, Room H167
  • Eden Prairie, Room F120


Drop In